Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Forget Your Password?
Your Interlibrary Loan account username is your library barcode from the back of your Oberlin College ID or library card.
- Go to the ILL request system
- Select Set/Reset password
- Enter your library barcode number (the number on the back of your ID, starting 29362)
You will receive an email from Library Password Management at oclc.org with the subject Request to manage library password
Follow the link in the email and create a new password. Passwords must be at least 9 characters, including one non-alphabetic character.
When you need an item that is not available in the Oberlin College Libraries, we first recommend that you search the OhioLINK Library Catalog and the SearchOhio Catalog to see if there is an available copy. (Note: There will be an OhioLink Service Disruption between March 11 and April 18, 2022, during that period OhioLink and SearchOhio requests will not be available and you may place InterLibrary Loan requests for material held by Ohio libraries.) You can borrow books, scores, volumes of periodicals, and audio and video recordings from other OhioLINK libraries by using the REQUEST option. Read more about borrowing from OhioLINK and SearchOhio or consult a circulation supervisor in any of the campus libraries.
If you are not able to get what you need from OhioLINK or SearchOhio, you may request it using our Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. We are usually able to borrow materials from libraries outside Ohio or obtain copies (usually scans that are delivered to you electronically) of articles or sections of books.
Create an ILL account
Browse to the ILL request system and choose the Create Account tab.
Enter the following information:
- Your Name - first (given) and last (surname)
- Library barcode number (on the back of your OCID, starting 29362xxxx),
- Create a password
- passwords must be at least 9 characters with at least one non-alphabetic character
- semicolon (;), colon (:), apostrophe ('), and period (.) are not allowed
- Email address
Make a Request
Look for the CREATE REQUEST button
There are two request forms:
1) request a book/dissertation/score/recording (LOAN)
- use this form if you need the entire work
2) request an article/chapter (SCAN or COPY)
- use this form if you only need specific pages
Provide as much information as possible about the material you are requesting.
You must fill in the NEEDED BEFORE field. Enter the date after which you would no longer want the material.
You will receive an email when the material is available or if it cannot be obtained.
Manage Your Requests
- Check on the status of requests
- Download materials delivered electronically (e.g. PDF files). Note: files must be downloaded within xx days.
- Request renewals of loaned materials