Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Current News Databases
Factiva This link opens in a new window
Full-text global news sources, including newspapers, newswires, television and radio transcripts, numerous regional and industry publications, and images from Reuters. Content comes from ~160 countries in 22 languages. Only 3 Oberlin users at one time.
Nexis Uni This link opens in a new window
A wide range of news, political, legal, and business information from thousands of sources, mostly full text. Includes newspapers, magazines, wire services, federal and state court opinions, federal and state statutes, federal regulations, and SEC filings. News information is updated daily and wire services several times daily.
New York Times Pass
Institutional access to the NYTimes.com is provided to all current Oberlin College students, faculty, and staff.
If you are new to campus or have not previously registered for Oberlin's institutional NYTimes access
- While on campus and connected to the Oberlin’s network, visit accessnyt.com.
- Create an account (claim a Pass) using your @oberlin.edu email address.
- You have successfully claimed a Pass when you see the Start Your Access screen.
Once registered you’ll be able to access NYTimes.com by logging into your account from any computer/tablet/device you use.
Students: when registering you will be asked for your date of graduation from Oberlin; your status will stay active through that date, with no need to reactivate/re-authenticate.
Faculty/staff: you will have to re-authenticate annually, 364 days from when you last registered/authenticated for your NYTimes.com Pass. You may not reactivate your Pass until your previous access has expired.
To reactivate your Pass:
- While on-site and connected to the Oberlin’s network, visit accessnyt.com.
- Make sure you are logged into the NYTimes.com account with which you activated your last Pass.
- You will be granted a new Pass and see the Start Your Access screen.
- The new Pass will be good for 364 days.
Please contact the research help desk with any questions - email@example.com.