Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search approximately 300 million books, scholarly articles, newspaper articles, data, digital audio, digital video, digital images, government documents and more. It draws from the library catalog (OBIS), many of the full text and article indexing databases, as well as digital repositories from colleges, universities, research centers, and other open-access archives on the web.
Find books, e-books, videos, scores, and recordings at Oberlin by title, author, subject, keyword, or other options.
Can't find a book at Oberlin? Find and request materials held at 120 OhioLINK libraries. Requested items are delivered to the circulation desk on the first floor of Mudd Center, typically within 3-5 business days. The OhioLINK catalog describes over 46 million items, including books, periodicals, maps, music scores and audiovisual materials.
Can't find what you need? For books, try OhioLINK. For books not available through OhioLINK and for other types of materials, use Interlibrary Loan (ILL). ILL lets you borrow materials from non-OhioLINK libraries, including print books, scanned journal articles, musical scores, videos, theses/dissertations, and more.
Contact email@example.com with questions.
Reference / Background Information
Encyclopedia of Disability by
Publication Date: 2005-10-07
This five-volume set attempts to define the many components of disability, from the medical, psychological, economic technological, cultural, sociological, policy and legal perspectives.
Library of Congress Subject Headings
Library of Congress Subject Heading possibilities
- People with disabilities in literature (in art, in motion pictures, in mass media)
- Abnormalities, Human (in art, in literature)
- Disability studies
- Sociology of disability
- Autism in literature
- Authors with disabilities -- Biography -- History
- People with disabilities, Writings of, American -- History and criticism
- People with disabilities, Writings of, English -- History and criticism
- People with mental disabilities in literature (in motion pictures)
- People with mental disabilities -- Fiction
- People with mental disabilities -- Portraits
- People with visual disabilities (fiction, poetry, portraits)
- Mental illness in art (in literature, in motion pictures, in mass media, in music)
- Mental illness -- Personal narratives (Drama, Fiction)